CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 04:00:47 +0000
Remember your angsty middle school days when you'd sass your friends with the phrase "Talk to the hand"?*

Well, now that you're in college…you can learn to talk with your hands!

Signers is a club that is dedicated to learning American Sign Language (ASL), to promoting awareness of Deaf culture on the Dartmouth campus, and to bridging the gap between the College and the surrounding Deaf community.

Respond to this blitz if you'd like to be added to our blitz list or if you have any questions about the club. No experience with ASL is at all necessary, and all classes are welcome!

AND check out "Party in the USA" in ASL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmKnQjBf8wM
Don't you wish you were as cool as that guy?
You can be. Join Signers.

*We promise we won't bring up those dreaded middle school days anymore. Sorry about that.

Signers: American Sign Language at Dartmouth is a new COSO organization dedicated to promoting awareness of Deaf culture on the Dartmouth campus and to bridging the gap between the college and the surrounding Deaf community.  All are welcome, regardless of experience with or knowledge of the Deaf community and its language.  Blitz the account if you are interested in being on the blitz list to hear about events and meetings.