CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Divest Dartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Divest Dartmouth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2016 14:13:29 -0500
To our immigrant, Muslim, people of color, LGBTQIA+, female, indigenous,
disabled, and undocumented friends: we recognize the very real consequences
of a Trump presidency for your communities, and we will stand with you in
the continued fight ahead. These issues are not new; the results of this
election emphasize historical and ongoing systems of oppression in our
country. However, this change of power exacerbates threats to our
communities, climate, and livelihoods.

We hope that everyone holds their friends a little tighter in the days
ahead, emphasizing love when so much of this country’s rhetoric is consumed
by hate. We stand in solidarity with all those impacted by this frightening
reality. Together, we can use our outrage to incite change.

With love and solidarity,

Divest Dartmouth

If you are looking for a space to begin political engagement, discuss the
intersection of social justice and climate justice, or get involved in
combatting the negative repercussions of Trump’s presidency, join us at our
weekly meeting this Wednesday at 8pm in Robo 108.