CAMPUS-EVENTS Archives

Campus Events

CAMPUS-EVENTS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

College Democrats <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Mar 2017 21:33:29 +0000
**EVENT WITH FREE FOOD AHEAD. KEEP READING**

How would you feel if someone tried to make sure Dartmouth students (of all political parties and affiliations) couldn't vote in future elections?

[cid:9455dc7f-92fe-4302-9fad-162f868261e1]

So...bad news...but that's happening @now. New Hampshire state legislators are attempting to pass 10 new bills that are all designed to prevent students from voting.

[cid:ca8d4be2-c899-4ece-b7b4-0b44fec8f92c]

(agreed, Joe.)

That's not okay with us. So Dems is hosting a workshop WEDNESDAY MARCH 28th (tomorrow) at 6 PM in ROCKY 001 to make sure that we know how to fight for our rights!! We encourage members of all political parties to join us for this special event.

[cid:aee8d0b2-ebca-4c25-bc26-ee4eb000725e]

You'll meet with an election law attorney who will explain the current and proposed laws around voting rights, and then you'll get to contact state reps and tell them: hands off my ballot!!

[cid:ba8fd0e7-315b-4c88-8390-1e789d459830]

(Tell 'em, Lin-Manuel Miranda.)

You'll also get to participate firsthand in DEMOCRACY (yay) by staying after for an optional phone bank for Jon Ossoff, who's running in a special election to fill the Congressional seat vacated by Tom Price (who was appointed to the Cabinet). Jon's race is the first Congressional since since the election, so if you're feeling upset about what's going on in Washington right now, channel that anger into helping a Democrat flip the Georgia 6th!! As we saw with the AHCA, every vote in Congress counts.

TL;DR WORKSHOP ROCKY 001 WEDNESDAY 6PM FREE FOOD

Dartmouth College Democrats, Dartmouth's chapter of College Democrats of America, is the premier political organization at Dartmouth College in Hanover, NH. With a particular focus on political activism and issue advocacy, Dartmouth College Democrats aims to get all students at Dartmouth College involved in the political process.

*Check out our Website<http://dartmouthdemocrats.weebly.com>*
*Like Dartmouth College Democrats<https://www.facebook.com/DartmouthCollegeDemocrats> on Facebook*
*Follow Dartmouth College Democrats<https://twitter.com/@dartdems> on Twitter*