ANCIENT-FOOD-TECH Archives

August 2014, Week 1

ANCIENT-FOOD-TECH@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Alla Rabinovich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cooking technologies of ancient Mediterranean cultures.
Date:
Sun, 3 Aug 2014 19:21:55 +0300
​​​
 baking tray
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxK5Lw14wB0tNTZQVXNjeTVfRFk/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​
 Qeiyafa report
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxK5Lw14wB0tZldpcDFmdXJwbFk/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​​
Dear all,

The vessel in question strongly reminds me of a baking tray typical for
Iron Age Israel (found in Israelite sites but absent from Philistine
sites). A short description with an extensive list of parallels can be
found in the final report of Khirbet Qeiyafa excavation, by Y. Garfinkel
and S. Ganor - see attached photos of the text and of an example from
Qeiyafa.

Best,
Alla Rabinovich
M.A. student