ANCIENT-FOOD-TECH Archives

November 2016, Week 3

ANCIENT-FOOD-TECH@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"Julie A. Hruby" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Julie A. Hruby
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2016 15:17:26 +0000
Dear Nayeli,

While I’m afraid I don’t know anything about salted fish in the New World, another reference from the Old World is a chapter by Steven Ellis on salted fish at Pompeii; it is called “The rise and reorganization of the Pompeian salted fish industry” and can be found in _The Making of Pompeii: Studies in the history and urban development of an ancient town_ (Edited by Steven J.R. Ellis, JRA suppl. 85, 2011) 59-88. Also, I believe he has posted it to academia.edu.

Best,
Julie

Julie Hruby
Assistant Professor of Classics