UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2011, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 09:12:32 -0400
Good birding on the river this morning. Intermittent rain, but warm and
calm... perfect morning for birding!

Long-tailed ducks at Wilder include 1 male in spectacular plumage; full
list below, and no doubt more land birds that we overlooked.

Ledyard also very good, with water level down but rising.  eBird
submission not done yet, which will include at least 9 solitary
sandpipers, 4 spotted, 2 least, and a semi-palmated plover

Pompy could also be good today. We ran out of time before school/work!

Doug & Spencer Hardy, Chris Rimmer