MACSCRPT Archives

November 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Tetsuro KURITA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:36:39 +0900
I have been developing a module loading system for AppleScript, called ModuleLoader.

http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/XModules/contents.html#ModuleLoader.

I have started this development inspired by appleMods.
ModuleLoader has similar functions and mechanism of LoaderServer of appleMods.
One of differences between appleMods and ModuleLoader is that modules/libraries
are normal script products (i.e. compiled scripts, script bundles, applets
and droplets).

Also I have been developing a tool for documentation of modules, called AppleScriptDoc.

http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/XModules/contents.html#AppleScriptDoc

AppleScriptDoc can generate reference manual as html files from marked up
comments in source code, like HeaderDoc or JavaDoc.
The generated manual can be set up in a script bundle as its help book.
The script bundle can display own help book in the Help Viewer using HelpBook.osax.

http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/contents.html#HelpBookOSAX

Now I am reimplementing ModuleLoader as a scripting addition to gain performance,
flexibility and easy of use (Almost finished but documents are not prepared).

I hope my works can be for someone's information.

 Tetsuro KURITA
  E-mail: [log in to unmask]
  http://homepage.mac.com/tkurita/scriptfactory/en/