LLTI Archives

October 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:27:03 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:37:27 -0400
>From: "David Flores" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum"
>Subject: Re: #8655 Computer Games / Language

If you could get your hands on a European copy of "Twinsen's Little Big
Adventure 2" also known as "Twinsen's Odyssey" you'd have what is in my book,
one of the best games for immersing yourself in a foreign language. The game is
a graphical adventure game that includes lots and lots of spoken French dialogue
(when you choose that language at startup), and is pretty engrossing.
Unfortunately, the game was released waaay back in 1997 (though the graphics are
good enough to still be pleasing) and it's not simple to make it run under
contemporary  operating systems. I really wish someone would rescue this game,
update it for current OSs and package it with a French textbook. The game does
include Spanish (and I think German) dialogue, but only in text format, not
spoken like the French.

Here's a website with info:
http://www.mrbillsadventureland.com/reviews/s-t/twinsenR/twinsen2R.htm

David Flores