LLTI Archives

July 2007, Week 1

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:09:33 -0400
--- Forwarded Message from National Foreign Language Resource Center

>Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 14:49:32 -1000
>From: National Foreign Language Resource Center <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Announcing the inaugural issue of Language Documentation &
Conservation (a new NFLRC online journal)
>To: [log in to unmask]

Our apologies for any cross-postings . . .

The National Foreign Language Resource Center and the University of
Hawai'i Press are pleased to announce that the inaugural issue (Volume
1, Number 1) of Language Documentation & Conservation (LD&C) is now
available at  http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/.

LD&C is a fully refereed, open-access, online journal that is published
twice a year, in June and December. Please visit the LD&C webpage and
subscribe. It's free.

----------
Volume 1, Number 1 (June 2007)
Table of Contents

ARTICLES:

Endangered Sound Patterns: Three Perspectives on Theory and Description
Juliette Blevins

Solar Power for the Digital Fieldworker
Tom Honeyman and Laura C. Robinson

Copyright Essentials for Linguists
Paul Newman

Managing Fieldwork Data with Toolbox and the Natural Language Toolkit
Stuart Robinson, Greg Aumann, and Steven Bird

Ethics and Revitalization of Dormant Languages: The Mutsun Language
Natasha Warner, Quirina Luna, and Lynnika Butler

Writer's Workshops: A Strategy for Developing Indigenous Writers
Diana Dahlin Weber, Diane Wroge, and Joan Bomberger Yoder

TECHNOLOGY REVIEWS

Review of TshwaneLex Dictionary Compilation Software
Reviewed by: Claire Bowern

Review of Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx)
Reviewed by: Lynnika Butler and Heather van Volkinburg

Review of Computerized Language Analysis (CLAN)
Reviewed by: Felicity Meakins

BOOK REVIEWS

Review of A Grammar of South Efate: An Oceanic Language of Vanuatu
Robert Early

Review of Kerresel a klechibelau: Tekoi er a Belau me a omesodel:
Palauan language lexicon
Robert E. Gibson

Language Learning (http://iallt.org/), and The Consortium for Language Teaching
Join IALLT at http://iallt.org.