LLTI Archives

October 2005, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2005 13:50:30 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
---

>Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 20:54:48 -0500 (CDT)
>Subject: Re: Pod Casts for Language learning
>From: "Marianne Zemil" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

Alison,

I work at a K-12 institution where we teach FL from 3-12 grades.  We just
purchased 15 ipods with attachable mics to experiment with and have just
started to investigate the use of pod casts.  I would very much be
interested in sharing information as we come across it.  Our main obstacle
right now has been determining how to find the right level for our
students and finding the time to load things on the ipods before students
will need to use them.  In your case, I would venture to gues that
students have their own, so this is not an issue.  If our experiment goes
well, we may get more or in the future require that each student purchase
one.   We do not have a full-time staff person in our lab (2 teachers that
each have 1/5, one of which is me) The BBC has been one source that we
have been looking at along with others. I will look forward to sharing
anything we learn and hearing what others have to say.

Marianne
University of Chicago Laboratory Schools
Department of Foreign Languages
1362 E. 59th Street
Chicago, IL  60637

773-834-0032