LLTI Archives

June 2002, Week 4

From:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:55:48 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from "SEDARSKI, CHRISTOPHE" <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Subject: Encoding cards for PC
>Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:13:16 -0500
>From: "SEDARSKI, CHRISTOPHE" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>

We are in the process of transfering our analog collection of audio and
video over to a digital format to be stored on a media server for
delivery over the network.  We have used a mpeg 1 encoder but we would
like to upgrade to mpeg 2.  Do you have any advice on which mpeg 2
encoding cards are preferred?  Are there other things to take into
consideration?  Are there software products that can do the same thing?
Thank you!