LLTI Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:13:44 EST
--- Forwarded Message from adaer <[log in to unmask]> ---

>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:10:11 -0500
>Sender: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>From: adaer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum               <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #6020 lab console

------------------
I'm in process of doing the same thing, so I'd be interested in hearing any
comments as well.

Best regards,  Becky Adae

>===== Original Message From Language Learning and Technology International
Information Forum              <[log in to unmask]> =====
>--- Forwarded Message from Edward Dixon <[log in to unmask]> ---
>
>>Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:31:00 -0500
>>From: Edward Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
>>To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum
>>Subject: lab console
>
>------------------
>Dear Folks,
>
>We, meaning Bettina and I, are in the process of spending money to turn our
Sony LLC9000 classroom into
>a computer classroom. Although the system isn't ancient, the amount of
renovation needed in the room
>for accommodating computers has brought us to the conclusion that we should
either replace the current
>Sony console system with a new digital system or get rid of the console
completely. The decision to
>replace or trash depends upon faculty input. We've organized a faculty
committee, are currently making
>site visits with faculty, and will soon be inviting vendors to do a
demonstration to help faculty and
>us make an informed decision. As part of the information process, we would be
very interested in
>hearing stories from the field with regard to faculty use of the console as a
teaching tool in the
>classroom. Basically, we would like to know, if the console is collecting
dust or is it being used as
>it was intended, i.e. for  interactive teaching / learning, modeling,
pairing, monitoring, etc. You can
>send your stories to me directly or to the list.
>
>Thanks,
>Ed Dixon

Ms. Rebecca Adae
Language Lab Coordinator
State University of New York at New Paltz
75 S. Manheim Blvd., New Paltz, NY 12561-2440 USA
845.257.3609  (fax)845.257.3608