LLTI Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:40:58 EST
--- Forwarded Message from Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]> ---

>From: Philippe Delcloque <[log in to unmask]>
>To: "'Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum'"     <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: #5910 an all-digital Mac LL ?
>Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:57:27 -0000

------------------
This is indeed regrettable and if you think you're hard done by, try being
Mac friendly in Europe!  It is the kiss of death!

A few years back, our local Tandberg Rep. told me the company had been
forced to integrate the Mac due to demand.

Your percentage of Mac penetration world-wide is correct but could anyone
give me reasonably accurate figures for countries such as the USA and
Australasia where we know that the Mac population is larger, especially in
the educational domain (all sectors not just HE).  Is there a web site
somewhere which might provide the info?

I am sure there must be good Mac Labs which have mastered this issue.  I
remember Rodney Tamblyn from New Zealand, one of the Hypercard gurus, had
set-up a complete Mac lab when the first AV machines came out in the mid 90s
but things have naturally moved on since.

BW,

Philippe