LLTI Archives

September 2000, Week 3

From:
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:47:07 EDT
--- Forwarded Message from [log in to unmask] (Joan K. Campbell) ---

>Date: 14 Sep 2000 11:20:47 EDT
>From: [log in to unmask] (Joan K. Campbell)
>Subject: German 0nline Distance Education Network
>To: [log in to unmask] (LLTI)

Looking for a professional development opportunity to update
your German teaching skills and knowledge from home or
school? GOLDEN: German On-Line Distance Education Network is
offering a semester long three hour graduate course in
Instructional Planning for the German Language Classroom
on line this fall. Read below for details!

    GOLDEN, an Interactive on-line teacher development
project, sponsored by AATG, the Goethe Institute and the
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
offers German teachers an innovative distance learning course
on Instructional Planning via the web. Participants can earn
3 graduate credits this
fall (October 15, 2000 to Febuary 15, 2001) from the
University of Nebraska/Lincoln. This interactive asynchronous
learning environment
allows participants to work individually, in small groups and
with instructors in the context of planning instruction for
your German classroom. Five interactive features allow the
participants to interact with instructors and peers alike.
The course will be taught by Dr. Ali Moeller,
University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Dr. Klaus Brandl,
University of Washington. The course consists of nine units,
or explorations that
include: planning short and long term instruction; developing
communicative skills; introducing grammar structures; moving
from input to output;
teaching for diversity/motivation; internet-based lessons;
testing, assessment and evaluation.
    The course is limited to 15 participants.
    Information on the course is available at http://
golden.unl.edu

If you have any questions regarding the course or the
graduate program, or if you would like to register for this
course, please contact Joan Campbell
<[log in to unmask]> or Ali Moeller <
    We look forward to working and learning with you.