UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2013, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
george clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 21:30:32 -0400
Sorry for this late report, but migrants at North Springfield
Reservoir (VT) yesterday, as seen by Ed Hack and me, included 2 Least
Sandpipers, 3 Solitary Sandpipers, and a yellowlegs too distant to
identify to species. Other shorebird species present included Killdeer
and Spotted Sandpiper.

Also, at the Reservoir yesterday were four Bald Eagles, including 3
adults and 1 immature, all for a time fairly close together. None of
those eagles was seen at the nest used earlier in the summer. Two
fledglings were seen earlier in the summer near that nest. Of the 4
eagles seen yesterday, we can guess that 2 adults and the immature
might have been associated with this year's nesting there, but the
extra adult yesterday would presumably have since come to the
Reservoir from some other location.

George Clark
Norwich, VT