UV-BIRDERS Archives

March 2011, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cynthia Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 07:55:49 -0500
3/7-snowstorm brought :
1 Redpoll, possibly Hoary,
2 Junco
6 Chickadees
1 white-breasted Nuthatch
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch,
2 Hairy WP
2Downy WP
1 Mourning dove
15 Blue Jays

Redpoll photos here:

http://www.pbase.com/creaturekinships/redpolls_hoary
comments welcome

3/9 brought:

1 Redwing (first ever here in the woods, that I know of)
22 Blue Jays
1 M. Dove
5 Chickadees
1 Redpoll-probably common
1 Tufted Titmouse
1 Hairy
1 Downy
1 WBNH
2RBNH......

and a chipmunk!  (no holes in sight-maybe was hibernating under our house.)

Later heard/saw a flock of , probably , Redpolls.

Tigertown Rd. Norwich
-----
3/8 Bragg Hill Norwich

flock of 20 +/- Snow Buntings