UV-BIRDERS Archives

February 2013, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:56:37 -0500
I made some composites of 2 Redpolls, each on opposite sides of my feeder,
both were present at the same time, on Feb. 19, 2013. (I just now
downloaded the pictures from this camera). Photos were taken through a
window, so a bit smeary in a few spots. Front and back views. Taken within
minutes of each other. I think the right hand bird is a Hoary Redpoll. It
has an all white undertail, much finer streaking and less of it, perhaps a
smaller bird , though the shot angles were different so hard to tell. The
backs are different too, with the Hoary having more white and a slightly
different pattern.   I would be happy to discuss any opinions to the
contrary.

Photos here:

http://galleries.creaturekinships.com/?p=466

--
Cindy Crawford

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/