UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2013, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 12:52:30 -0700
Hey everyone,

This morning I birded Mink Brook. I didn't find as many migrants as I thought I would, but it was nice to hear a Black-throated Green and Yellow Warbler. And there were good numbers of Black-and-white, Pine, and Yellow-rumped Warblers. I thought I heard a Rose-breasted Grosbeak at one point, but it was in the distance and I couldn't quite make it out. And the Merlin was calling again briefly this morning.

I also took a quick ride through Pine Knolls Cemetery, but besides several Black-and-white Warblers and a House Wren, I didn't encounter anything too interesting. Below is the list of birds I had at Mink Brook.

Cheers,
Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth

Mink Brook wetlands area, Hanover, Grafton, US-NH
May 5, 2013 8:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
27 species

Mallard  2
Mourning Dove  1
Belted Kingfisher  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Merlin  1    one individual calling
Eastern Phoebe  3
Blue Jay  X
American Crow  X
Black-capped Chickadee  X
Tufted Titmouse  X
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
Brown Creeper  2
Winter Wren  2
Hermit Thrush  1
Black-and-white Warbler  5
Yellow Warbler  1 heard only
Pine Warbler  6
Yellow-rumped Warbler  5
Black-throated Green Warbler  1    heard only
Song Sparrow  6
White-throated Sparrow  6
Red-winged Blackbird  4
American Goldfinch  4