UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2015, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 2015 14:17:02 +0000
Hey everyone,
What a beautiful morning! I checked Mink Brook this morning to see what new arrivals were in the area. Highlights were Ruby-throated Hummingbird, a Solitary Sandpiper, Least Flycatcher, and Ovenbirds; I also had a Purple Finch, which I was pleasantly surprised to see and hear. Thought I might have heard a single note from a Great-crested Flycatcher, but it did not call twice. Otherwise, the usual suspects. I wonder how long before the big wave starts coming through? Below are the good birds from this morning.
Quinn Trail:Eastern Kingbird- 1Black-and-white Warbler- 1Common Yellowthroat- 2American Redstart- 3Northern Parula- 1Yellow Warbler- 1Purple Finch- 1
Mink Brook Preserve:Solitary Sandpiper- 1Ruby-throated Hummingbird- 1Least Flycatcher- 1Blue-headed Vireo- 1Veery- 1Hermit Thrush- 2Ovenbird- 3Louisiana Waterthrush- 1Black-and-white Warbler- 1Common Yellowthroat- 1Northern Parula- 4Chestnut-sided Warbler- 1Yellow Warbler- 1Black-throated Green Warbler- 4
Cheers,Kyle KittelbergerDartmouth College