UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2016, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff MacQueen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2016 21:07:28 -0400
I counted 86 Chimney Swifts entering the chimney on the old academy
building in Orford to roost this evening. While this is a good roost site,
it is not the best in the Upper Valley. That would probably be the old
Lebanon Junior High School at 75 Bank Street and I plan on checking there
Wednesday night. I am inviting a few of my interested students, but also
anyone on these listserves is welcome to join me. Two years ago, Pam Hunt
trained some of us to count Chimney Swifts in Lebanon and after the
training we went to the old school to count the roost. We weren't
disappointed. Over 200 swifts entered the big chimney that evening to
roost. While I can't promise that kind of spectacle, chances are good that
swifts will be around to roost and even much smaller roosts can be
interesting to watch. I'll be there at 8:00 p.m. Usually the swifts have
roosted by 8:30 to 8:45 this time of year. If anyone wants directions or
has questions, please contact me off list.    Jeff MacQueen,  Orford

--
*The Right-To-Know Law provides that most e-mail communications, to or from
Lebanon School District employees regarding the business of the School

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]