UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2018, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elaine Faletra <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2018 19:29:31 -0400
Similar situation here in Warren NH with the juncos.  Very interesting indeed.  I loaded up the feeders before going away for the weekend and when I got back home this evening the feeders were at ¼ and there were more juncos here than ever at one time the entire winter…50+ easily.  Their numbers had significantly waned until this evening.  I immediately threw out some millet mix on the nasty frozen white stuff and they speedily engorged.  By ~6:30PM they all disappeared into woods.  Makes you happy to be a bird feeder.  Should be an interesting morning.

Elaine