UV-BIRDERS Archives

June 2010, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"kurt.gott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kurt.gott
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:17:06 -0400
Hello all, I am sorry to announce that the Bear Pond Birding Walk had to be cancelled again. This time it is do the trip leader having a  personal emergency.

I will be there at 2pm, and will lead a walk in the woods if anybody is interested.

I will try to re-schedule the bird walk.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kurt
MWCC

--- Forwarded message from "kurt.gott" ---

******    Hello all, I would like to inform you that the following birding field trip has been rescheduled for June 26th. The trip time and place will be the same, 2-5pm, Bear Pond Natural Area, Switch Road entrance. *******

Thank You,
Kurt

Hello all, I would like to inform you of the following birding field trip the Mascoma Watershed Conservation Council has planned at the Bear Pond Natural Area.

This trip is free to all, and open to the public, so please pass along to other interested folks.

On the afternoon of June 12, 2010, Dr. Len Reitsma of Plymouth State
University will guide a tour of the area on the Bear Pond Natural Area that
has been the site of an eight-year population study of the Canada Warbler.
He will discuss the findings of this study while showing those who attend
different habitats and the way this species uses these habitats. He will
also provide people with glimpses of nests of this and other species.
Depending upon the tasks of that day, people will also have the opportunity
to meet with graduate students and field technicians as they collect data.
The tour will be from 2-5PM and begin at the Switch Rd. entrance to BPNA.

Here are the directions to the Switch Rd. entrance:

From Enfield travel east on Route 4 towards Canaan, passing by the Mascoma Valley Regional High School on the left. Continue east on Route 4 to Switch Road (2.4 miles past Goose Pond Road). Turn left and go 1.6 miles, then turn left down a narrow gravel lane located 50 yards south of a sign for Bull Road. There is an entrance sign just inside the gravel lane and on the right, attached to a large white pine tree. Park close to the bridge over the Mascoma River.

If you have any questions, please contact me at,

Thank You,
Kurt Gotthatdt
MWCC
President

Kurt

Those who own land are actually just renters with a responsibility for its care and preservation for future generations.

Kurt

Those who own land are actually just renters with a responsibility for its care and preservation for future generations.

--- End of forwarded text ---