UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2013, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:21:53 -0700
Hey everyone,

I'm back! I have returned to campus and can't wait to immerse myself in NH birds again. This evening, after it stopped raining and the sun was partially out, I decided to check for some birds in College Park/Observatory Hill, behind my dorm. I was hoping for some migrants, like I had last Fall. I ran into a pretty decent sized flock of chickadees and followed them around for a while. Only birds of interest were an Eastern Wood-Pewee, a couple American Redstarts, and a fall Blackpoll Warbler. Weather looks better for tomorrow, so I might try to get back to some familiar spots like Mink Brook.

Below is the list of birds I had at College Park:
- Downy Woodpecker- 1
- Hairy Woodpecker- 1
- Eastern Wood-Pewee- 1
- Eastern Phoebe- 1
- Blue Jay- 5
- American Crow- 3
- Black-capped Chickadee- 25
- Tufted Titmouse- 2
- Red-breasted Nuthatch- 1
- White-breasted Nuthatch- 2 (one possible juvenile)
- Ruby-crowned Kinglet- 1
- Cedar Waxwing- 1
- Blackpoll Warbler- 1 fall bird
- American Redstart- 2