UV-BIRDERS Archives

November 2014, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Doug Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2014 10:28:42 -0500
Snow buntings have now been here more-or-less continuously since
Thursday, with 1-3 being visible at any one time. No guarantees... but
anyone wishing to have good looks at this species is welcome to drive
by. They are best seen from Bragg Hill Road just before the junction
with Tucker Hill Road. Stop on the road when you are closest to the
solar panel, and scan the bare ground from your vehicle; lighting
becomes better and better as the day progresses.

(At last check, the panel was putting out 3900 Watts, almost all of
which is going to the grid!)

Doug