UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2010, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
"J. Langevin" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Langevin
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2010 00:59:02 -0500
On route 4A in Enfield approx 100 Canada Geese ffeinding and resting in the Field across from the playing field just beyond the Shaker Inn late Friday PM.
   I had been seeing 20-25 Canada Geese feeding near the Baited Hook on Route 4A on several occasions in the afternoons during the past 2 weeks.
   Wed 7:30 AM had 5 M Evening Grosbeaks high in my Maple tree.
   Had a visitor, Northern Goshawk, make at least 3 passes in my yard and bird feeders on Thursday PM.  While he was present the small birds esp the Chickadees continued to feed.  The woodpeckers wouldn't move.  When the Blue Jays and the red squirrels reappeared at the feeders I figured the danger was over.
   Now have five American Tree Sparrows visiting the feeders daily.
   J. Barton
   Enfield Ctr.