UV-BIRDERS Archives

October 2013, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 11:25:17 -0700
Hey everyone,

This morning, having a break between classes, I biked over to Mink Brook to take advantage of the nice weather. It was not as birdy as I expected it to be, especially in terms of sparrow numbers. Best bird was a nice Blue-headed Vireo that was part of a small flock I found near the entrance to the trail. It was also nice to see a Hermit Thrush along the trail on the other side of the road, and there was a nice male Hooded Merganser on the water with seven females.

Below is the list of species I had this morning. In addition, Yellow-rumped Warblers have been present on campus in good numbers.

See some of you Saturday,
Kyle

Mink Brook wetlands area, Hanover, Grafton, US-NH
Oct 17, 2013 10:40 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
19 species

Wood Duck  2
Mallard  23
Hooded Merganser  8    one male, seven females
Belted Kingfisher  1
Hairy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  1
Blue-headed Vireo  1