UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2014, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Charles Harcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Harcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Sep 2014 12:40:42 -0400
Had a great morning at Union Village Dam from the Buzzle Bridge entrance in
Thetford. Green Heron, Great Blue, and King Fishers along the
Ompompanoosuc. Waxwings and Tree Swallows were swooping around trees and
the river bank, nabbing flying insects. Found a big Passerine flock in a
thicket near the river. Along with the chickadees and sparrows I found a
Black and White Warbler, a Blue Headed Vireo, a Mourning Warbler, 2
Nashville Warblers, a handful of Black-Throated Greens, a Canada Warbler, a
young Yellowthroat, and a pair of Restarts chasing each other around.

But the most exciting sighting was not a bird; while I had my binocs sited
on a warbler, a black bear walked through the field of view in the
distance. Large adult bear, I watched it go along a field edge for a minute
before it ducked off into the woods.

Here's the full list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19747037

-Charlie Harcourt