UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2016, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
David Merker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Merker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Apr 2016 09:34:32 -0400
Had an amazing little outing Friday morning in Etna, with son Sam. We live on Dogford road and just up the street at an old farm my son and I caught and banded a pair of kestrels, then we moved on to Ferson rd where we saw a red tail, no opportunity to trap it. On to Old Dana rd, we encountered a very very dark redtail, we trapped and banded it. Then off to King Hill Rd we encountered a lone male kestrel, caught and banded it, he rounded out a 5 bird hour and half 4 banded, less than 3-4 miles from my home.

Photos of all these in-hand birds are available, just ask :o)

On the Song Sparrow front, 36 birds so far, 25 new and 9 returnees spanning 2013-15. Been a tough week to keep up with them as we have had a sudden death in the family and have been on the go. But their migration might just be earlier than last year and dropping off as not a lot of apparent movement in the last few days.

Dave Merker
Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]