UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2013, Week 1

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
cynthia crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 16:39:51 -0400
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks arrived today at home, right on schedule, with
lovely 6:30 AM songs. Also heard, Ovenbird.

At Zeebedee (sp?)  wetlands in Thetford, Wayne and I saw and heard
(recorded and photographed) a
*Nashville Warbler.

 Also seen:

*Red-shouldered hawk

Phoebes
Great Blue Heron
B+W warblers
Y-Rumps
Tree Swallows
Red-wings
Grackles
Pine Warblers
White-breasted Nuthatch
Goldfinches
Song Sparrows
Hermit Thrush
Raven

What a lovely spot-a must visit!  Since we first started going there a few
years ago, there is now a beautiful trail with planks over the wet spots
and rustic benches for contemplation.

At Kendall station along the road, second great view of a* Brown Thrasher

*Photos to follow.

Cindy Crawford

NOW SHOWING through June 30: "Close to Home"  -photos, paintings and
photo-paintings at VINS Pavillion and store
http://www.vinsweb.org/index.php/home/vins-news/pr-032013

Creature Kinships and Natural Affinities
Animal and Nature Paintings, Portraits and Prints
www.creaturekinships.com
Photos: http://pbase.com/creaturekinships
BLOG: http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/*<http://creature-kinships.blogspot.com/>