UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2015 09:18:42 -0400
Birded the Campbell Flats big loop form 7:15 -8:30 this am.

Rather quiet.  Until 8:00. When I walked back to the culvert/  stream path.

I hardly took my binocs off my eyes for half an hour, and the GbHe was a bit
up set, wanting to fly into the puddle, over my shoulder.

I stood on the beaver dam.

Regular cast of characters except the last ˝ hr.

Swamp Sparrows

Song.

Co Yellowthroats

1 Canada Warbler

1 Prairie

1 Pine

1 Magnolia

2 Yellow-rumps

2 Wilson’s

1 Am. Redstart

1 Blackburnian (bold plumage adult male, fall)

1 F  Rb Grosbeak

1 Red-eyed Vireo.

1 Philadelphia Vireo…..well…maybe. not definite. Need to keep trying.

BiSh

Bill Shepard

Project Coordinator

CT River Birding Trail