UV-BIRDERS Archives

September 2012, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2012 13:46:04 -0700
Hey everyone,

There was a pause in the rain here on campus so I decided to do some exploring around Occom Pond near campus. I was making my way back when I ran into a small mixed flock on the left side of the pond. I had a pretty good representation of migrant warblers, as seen in the list below.

Eastern Phoebe- 1
Red-eyed Vireo- 1
Black-capped Chickadee- 6
Tufted Titmouse- 6
White-breasted Nuthatch- 3
Northern Parula- 2
Magnolia Warbler- 1 immature, very close looks
Blackburnian Warbler- 1
Blackpoll Warbler- 1 fall bird
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 3
Black-throated Green Warbler- 1 or 2

In addition, a Green Heron and Osprey were also present at the pond. Looking forward to some more migrants!

Kyle Kittelberger
Dartmouth