UV-BIRDERS Archives

May 2016, Week 3

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kyle Kittelberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2016 23:21:51 +0000
Hey everyone,
This morning I birded Mink Brook with Peter Geithner and two other fellow Dartmouth students. What a fantastic morning along Mink Brook, it was very birdy with a great representation of species. The highlight for sure was the diversity of warblers, with an amazing 19 species recorded!!! I believe that is my all time record along Mink Brook, and if I count yesterday's Canada Warbler as an honorary member of this list, that means there was 20 species of warbler along Mink Brook in less than a day- WOW!! The best birds of the morning were as follows: a FOS Blackpoll Warbler that finally gave us great looks, a Cape May Warbler I briefly saw, multiple Tennessee Warblers in different locations, continuing Northern Waterthrush, and a female Wilson's Warbler, as well as continuing Rose-breasted Grosbeak, Scarlet Tanager, and Indigo Buntings; also nice to see some Pine Siskins. Below are the notable species from this morning's walk.
Notables: 1) Mink Brook wetlands, 2) Quinn Trail, 3) Mink Brook preserve loop
Broad-winged Hawk- 1, 0, 1Great-crested Flycatcher- 0, 0, 2Eastern Kingbird- 1, 0, 0Blue-headed Vireo- 0, 0, 1Red-eyed Vireo- 1, 0, 1House Wren- 0, 1, 2
Veery- 1, 1, 2Hermit Thrush- 0, 0, 1Ovenbird- 0, 0, 5
Louisiana Waterthrush- 0, 0, 1Northern Waterthrush- 0, 1, 0Tennessee Warbler- 1, 0, 2 Black-and-white Warbler- 0, 0, 3
Common Yellowthroat- 3, 6, 6
American Redstart- 4, 6, 3Northern Parula- 1, 0, 6Magnolia Warbler- 0, 0, 4
Blackburnian Warbler- 0, 0, 2Cape May Warbler- 0, 1, 0Yellow Warbler- 1, 1, 0
Chestnut-sided Warbler- 1, 2, 5
Blackpoll Warbler- 0, 1, 0Black-throated Blue Warbler- 0, 0, 1Pine Warbler- 1, 0, 4
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 0, 0, 2Black-throated Green Warbler- 0, 0, 6Wilson's Warbler- 0, 1, 0Rose-breasted Grosbeak- 0, 1, 0Scarlet Tanager- 0, 0, 1Indigo Bunting- 1, 0, 1Pine Siskin- 0, 2, 1

Cheers,Kyle KittelbergerDartmouth

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]:  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]:  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]