UV-BIRDERS Archives

December 2017, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Donna Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Donna Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2017 21:07:08 +0000

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Donna Nelson <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Date: December 24, 2017 at 4:06:04 PM EST

To: Mark Council <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Subject: Re: [UVB] Junco explosion!

Not that crazy, but we have definitely had more juncos this year than any previous years.

They are really fun to watch.

Donna Nelson

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 24, 2017, at 3:25 PM, Mark Council <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:

Because irruption doesn’t adequately describe what’s going on...

I don’t put out a lot of feeders/feed, but the past couple of days I have seen unprecedented junco numbers. Easily 50 plus at my place, and on a drive up to Wells River and back on I-91 this afternoon there were groups of  a dozen or (many) more that would take flight from the shoulder of the road every couple of miles. I’m sure I saw over 200 on a twelve mile drive.

Are other folks seeing crazy numbers like this?

Mark Council

Fairlee

(Right in the river valley)

--

It's not by chance that the dark center of human eye, the pupil, is actually an empty hole through which the world becomes known to us. Likewise, in a spiritual sense, the I is the empty center through which we see everything. It's revealing that such a threshold is called the pupil, for it is only when we are emptied of all noise and dreams of ego that we become truly teachable. -Mark Nepo

To post messages, send e-mail to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> Set your e-mail application to PLAIN TEXT ONLY to post messages. To contact the list owner: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> To unsubscribe: E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders To change your e-mail address: E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]