UV-BIRDERS Archives

April 2015, Week 2

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
david merker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
david merker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:03:03 -0400
So many Kestrel sightings is encouraging. It would be nice if their population was on the upswing. In Cape May 2014 the number of American Kestrels was significantly lower than 2013. To see some raptor banding trends from the early 1970s thru 2009 you can go here: http://www.capemayraptors.org/CMRBPpowerpoint_PDF.pdf
Kestrels have been in decline since about 1976, with a few spikes, but in general decline.

Dave Merker

Etna, New Hampshire
Cape May Raptor Banding Project Inc.
www.capemayraptors.org