UV-BIRDERS Archives

August 2018, Week 4

UV-BIRDERS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Mark Council <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Council <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2018 20:36:37 -0400
Wednesday evening (8/22) about 6:30 I was in West Leb near the corner of Rt
10 and Rt 14 when I noticed  a couple of nighthawks flying in their unique
and erratic way just 100 ft or so above against some dramatically dark
skies. A couple quickly turned into three groups of 8 or so individuals,
and at one point in the brief encounter I tallied 14 in one spot above,
swarming their way south. Such fun birds to watch! It always feels like
seeing some sort of prehistoric creatures, like miniature pterodactyls.
I’ve only seen them in such numbers once before on their migration south.
About 40 total.
Mark Council
Fairlee
--
It's not by chance that the dark center of human eye, the pupil, is
actually an empty hole through which the world becomes known to us.

To unsubscribe:  E-mail this command to [log in to unmask]  UNSUBSCRIBE UV-Birders
To change your e-mail address:  E-mail this command from your old address to: [log in to unmask]  CHANGE UV-Birders [new e-mail address]