TRIATHLON Archives

September 2015, Week 2

TRIATHLON@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Zachary Kratochvil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
triathalon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2015 02:23:28 -0400
Hey team!

Have you been wanting to get more involved in team leadership? Several of
you said so on this summer's survey (
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MPWnJeInaa6oStCt3bGdr7BKOZaQmvDWyAaJuXxXgkQ/viewform?usp=send_form,
which we'll stop monitoring at the end of this week, so if you haven't
responded, now's the time :).

Good news! We listened to you and have created three new exec positions,
plus we're open to suggestions. *Email Kelly or I if you have an interest
in getting more involved in these ways or others!*

*design chair*--Will be called in whenever any task has a design component.
This role is less coordinating, more do-it-yourself, but can still call in
others if there are too many projects going on at once or if you're super
busy. This includes:
1. Designing T-shirt, uni, etc., without having to deal with any of the
logistics.
2. Facebook logo design.
3. If we ultimately get a website, say for accepting donations, any web
design (but not any of the web development, unless that's also your thing).

*club swim liason*--Kelly and I have always been a fan of increased
cooperation with the component sport clubs (swim, bike, run). Kelly and I
have the latter two covered (she's one of the cycling team leaders and I'll
be living with a co-captain of DERT). For anyone who also moonlights as a
pure swimmer or is particularly friendly with anyone (ideally a captain) on
club swim, this lower-commitment position is for you. We would only ask you
to:
1. be on their blitz list
2. attend informational meetings (or getting the recaps from someone who
does)
3. get to know all their leaders (at least so they know who you are)
4. attend our exec meetings

*alumni chair*--We keep running into and getting contacted by really cool
Dartmouth alums who've since become triathletes, some national- or
world-class! Many of them have offered to contribute in different ways.
This is the most open-ended of the new positions; it's limited only by your
imagination and time. You'd be in charge of everything related to alumni.
This includes:
1. Networking. Your job is to respond and reach out to all different kinds
of cool people (personally and via newsletters), get to know them, their
interests, their suggestions, and how they might be interested in getting
involved. When we get any communication from one, we'll forward it your
way. When one of us meets one at a race, it will be your job to follow up
with them. We already have a few great ones we've been in close contact
with and would get to introduce you to right off the bat.
2. Donations/entrepreneurship. When networking, there's a good chance
you'll encounter some lucrative opportunities. If interested, you would
have the opportunity to head some of our efforts to explore them. These
responsibilities will likely also be shared by the co-captains, fundraising
chairs, and treasurer. At the least, this chair would be responsible for
informing other execs on these matters. There may be an opportunity as soon
as immediately to make a business of selling dartmouth tri team
swag/technical gear. To be clear, in all cases, all proceeds would go
directly to the team, but you'd still be making money (even if not for
yourself).  ;)
3. Working closely with other execs yet to be determined, there will likely
be some minor event planning, with possible opportunities to take this to a
whole 'nother level if the chair is interested in taking it on.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Your co-captains Kelly and Zach