NISUS Archives

January 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Brian Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 11:38:22 +1100
Yesterday, I wrote:

> Ed's method is correct.System Proferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > Application Shortcuts > Mail.app.
>
> I used Mission Control and Keyboard Shortcuts to set the Switches to my 10 Desktops after Lion did away with Spaces.
>
> But beware. If you have an Extended Keyboard, the numbers on the Number Pad are different from those on the alphabetic keyboard; thus Command-1[alpha] and Command-1[key] give two distinct solutions. Perhaps this has caused the assumed change.

Unfortunately I was distracted for some time and when I came back I typed 'Command-1' when it should have read 'Control-1' in each case, otherwise the Shortcut 'Command-1[a]' to the Inbox would have been overwritten.

Changing System-wide Keyboard Shortcuts needs great thought; you are more likely to make things worse, for example 'Command-d' for Duplicate is very common.

Regards from brianF
OS Lion 10.7.2