NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2011 17:33:37 +0900
On 2011-01-06 +0900 (JST), at 2:20 PM, Andrus wrote:

> I turned off the 'Blue' appearance in favor of the more subdued 'graphite'.

Reading this, I remembered I had created some alternative NWP icons. The word 'Created' is not appropriate. I just modified their colour using a simple graphic utility (ToyViewer, Preview or something else). I had been using them in NWP 1.3 and lost them when upgrading to 1.3.1 or 1.4. Today I tried Spotlight which located them instantly. They work fine in NWP 1.4.1.

With those icon files, Back/Forward buttons and the ruler will look like this.
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/Graphite_Icons.png>

To use them...

1. Select Nisus Writer Pro.app in the Finder and do 'Show Package Contents' (contextual menu command);

2. Put TIFF files within 'Put in Resources' folder in 'Nisus Writer Pro.app/Contents/Resources/' (you'd better back up the original files);

3. Put 'Graphite' folder within 'Put in Themes' folder (not just TIFF files in it but the folder containing them) in 'Nisus Writer Pro.app/Contents/Resources/Themes/'.

4. Restart NWP.

* TIFF files in 'Graphite' folder are used only when Graphite is chosen in System Preferences - Appearance.

Here is a zip archive containing those files.
<http://www2.odn.ne.jp/alt-quinon/files/NWPro/Graphite_Icons.zip> (39KB)

Kino