NISUS Archives

January 2012

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:06:41 -0700
Condolences!

Absurd we cannot merely choose the menu and have it put in.  Another
reason why its so darn confusing is you don't do any hierarchy.  You
just type the final menu item name.  And you have to experiment to
see if the dot-dot-dot is an ellipsis or three periods. (usually the
latter).  I think this also explains why some menues have been made
rather long— so they can be specific.  It also explains to me why
some keybindings get messed up, especially with common menues like
"zoom".  It is nothing short of a travesty that Apple has not done
better in this regard.

Best of luck. :-)
	Ben in Montana (on sys 10.4.11 reluctant to upgrade when such basics
are not fixed! :-)