NISUS Archives

January 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Susan Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 18:40:12 -0500
I work in an enviroment that using access.    I have them export each of the
tables into excel files and then I import the excel files into filemaker and
make my own data base. I usually get three different excel files which link
together in my filemaker program. That means that I make 3 different tables
in Filemaker.   It is very easy to import and then link. The trick is that
each time there are changes, I have to remember to import only the changes
into each of the tables that I formed with filemaker.   I have gotten it
down to a science after many mistakes but it is possible.  Also if you
access has certain forms, I do not believe you will get the forms but you
have to set them up yourself.
Susan