NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
paolo savonuzzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:06:46 +0200
On lunedì 15 agosto 2011 at 21:07, Þorvarður Davíðsson wrote:
> I’m not more on Lion but I think you can drag applications and documents into Launchpad from everywhere.

all you can do in Launchpad is rearrange apps (automatically added) and create folders: this is all the control you have :-/

> That seems to indicate that Apple wants only *one* Applications folder to be used.

right! so, once more: better use Parental Controls and leave everything where Apple wants it to be

> What does MAS version mean?

Mac Apple Store

> Last time I check it out QuickPick from Araelium <http://www.araelium.com/quickpick/> was unable to keep track of files if you moved them. Therefore I stopped using QuickPick. Overflow <http://stuntsoftware.com/overflow/> on the other hand never lost files and is quite similar to QuickPick.

that's why I use both: QuickPick for applications, Overflow for files and folders ;-)

--
paolo savonuzzi

http://paolosavonuzzi.org