NISUS Archives

August 2011

NISUS@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Robert B Waltz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 6 Aug 2011 11:51:04 -0500
I am trying to convert my old NisusWriter Classic
macros, and going crazy in the process. I read
the documentation, I look at Kino's help file on
the new PowerFind Pro, and sometimes it helps --
and sometimes it doesn't.

I'm having terrible problems with treating
literals as metacharacters, e.g. in a PowerFind
Pro expression in a macro, "\." is treated as
just plain "."

For example, I want to turn any instance of two
or more periods followed by zero or more spaces
to an ellipsis "Š"

The way I read the documentation, the following line should work:

Find and Replace "\.\.+ *","Š","Ea"

That is, take a literal period, followed by one
or more additional literal periods, followed by
spaces, and convert it to an ellipsis.

Instead of doing that, it converts entire
documents into an ellipsis, as if the command were

Find and Replace ".","Š","Ea"

I have several other problems of this type, but I
would imagine I can solve them all if I can solve
this one. What am I missing?

And I KNOW I'm missing something stupid, so you don't need to point it out. :-)