MACSCRPT Archives

December 2007

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:30:20 +0100
From:
Andreas Kiel <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
As far as I remember there is a small example app done by Apple- I
think it's name was "ScriptView".
You can also can use FileMaker Pro - this allows you to execute the
AppleScripts directly from the database even with dynamic scripts.

Regards
Andreas

On 26.12.2007, at 20:33, Levon Spradlin wrote:

> How can I use SD to organize my scripts?
>
> Levon Spradlin
> Technology Manager, Desktop Publishing Support Services
> Pearson | Assessment & Information
> 512-989-5300 x 3989

>> From: Walter Ian Kaye <[log in to unmask]>
>> Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 11:32:06 -0800
>> To: <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: Re: Organizing AppleScripts
>>
>> At 12:24 p -0600 12/26/2007, Levon Spradlin didst inscribe upon an
>> electronic papyrus:
>>
>>> I have a large collection of scripts that I inherited in my
>>> position, and
>>> need to organize them a bit better. I would like to catalog them
>>> in a way
>>> that would be easier to search and maybe cross-reference as well.
>>> Does
>>> anyone have any input on this one?
>>
>> If you had Script Debugger you could use its facilities. :-)
>>
>> Back in the old days there was ScriptBase, but that only had a
>> hundred drawers (or something like that). I once started writing
>> something in FaceSpan, but stopped for some reason I don't remember
>> (maybe I started learning Perl or something webish like that).
>> Perhaps I'll start again when FaceSpan 5 comes out.
>>
>> Do you want to store them compiled, or is text format ok? In which
>> case you could youse -- oops, use (I'm from the East coast!) -- one
>> of a zillion text organizers (iNotepad, Yojimbo, ScrapIt Pro, et al).
>>
>> -boo

> ******
> This email may contain material confidential to
> Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
> please notify the sender and delete all copies.
> ******

Andreas Kiel
Spherico
Nelkenstr. 25
D-76135 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49 (0)721 183 9753
eFax: +1 650 897 8094

eMail: [log in to unmask]
http://spherico.com/filmtools -- workflow tools for FCP

P  Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.