MACSCRPT Archives

May 2009

MACSCRPT@LISTSERV.DARTMOUTH.EDU

From:
Bill Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 2009 16:36:00 -0400
For applications that don't enable UI events it is apparently
possible to get System Events to click a button by giving it the XY
coordinates.

OK, coordinates from where?  The top corner of the app's window,  the
position on the entire screen?
In the former case, how do we find the exact position of, say, a
radio button other than looking at the app's source code?

I've been poking around the web for sample System Events code and all
I've found so far are articles saying that you can do this or that
with System Events, isn't that handy?
--

Bill Steele