LLTI Archives

July 2015, Week 2

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2015 16:49:06 +0000

From: IALLT Assoc <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Call for Proposals: MWALLT 2015
Date: July 7, 2015 at 12:48:47 AM CDT
To: Language Learning and Technology International Information Forum <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

MWALLT 2015 Conference
Valparaiso University, Valparaiso, Indiana
October 10, 2015

Please see below the call for proposals for this year's meeting of MWALLT, the Midwest Association of Language Learning & Technology!  We welcome language center directors, foreign language instructors at the high school and college level, as well as students. Please forward this message to non-members who might be interested in joining us in Valparaiso in the fall.

Theme: "Relevant Technologies for Language Learning: Methods and Spaces for Transfer of Knowledge, Practical Application, and Collaboration"

MWALLT invites you to attend our fall conference. We are accepting presentation proposals and encourage current members, professionals, and students to participate. We invite you to submit abstracts for presentations or workshops on topics related to language learning and technology. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or are a relative newcomer to the conversation or profession, please consider submitting a presentation or workshop proposal so that we can learn from your experience. Possible topics include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:

  *
Adapting technology tools for on-line, hybrid and blended learning
  *
- Flipping, micro-flipping
  *
- Mobile devices, games and social media
  *
Extending the learning community beyond the classroom
  *
- Online learning exchanges
  *
- Task-based learning, service learning
  *
Remaining relevant--renewing and advancing our mission
  *
- Current/future functions of language center spaces
  *
- Developing campus allies, faculty/staff collaboration

The proposal deadline is August 10, 2015.

  *
You can submit your proposal at: http://mwallt.org/call2015

  *
Note:  Conference registration<http://mwallt.org/event-1917927> is now open!  Details about travel and lodging are also posted.

Please mark your calendar and plan to join us!

Best regards,
Carol Goss
Director, Language Resource Center
Valparaiso University