LLTI Archives

February 2012, Week 3

From:
LLTI Editor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:35:47 -0600
from  "Stapleton, Helen" <[log in to unmask]>

One of our professors is teaching a film-based German class and is looking for ways for his students to legally view these feature films streaming online.  None are available on Netflix for instant view.  All of the academic sites only seem to offer documentaries, not feature films.  Our institution doesn't have the time, energy, or will to host these films on our own servers.  Does anyone know of a good, and most importantly, LEGAL way to make these feature films available to our students.  Is Blackboard considered private enough to show these films?  Only students enrolled in the course would be able to see them.  However, I'm afraid of doing something illegal.  I'd appreciate any advice!

--
Helen Stapleton
Director, E.L. Kellerman Language Resource Center