LLTI Archives

February 2016, Week 3

From:
stellamderum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 2016 14:36:55 -0500

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SANS SCOLT Luncheon Provides Knowledge to Empower SE World Language
Educators

North Branford, CT, February 16, 2016 - The SANS Inc. SCOLT Leadership
Luncheon
<http://www.sansinc.com/blog/sans-scolt-luncheon-provides-knowledge-to-empow
er-se-world-language-educators/#more-455>  takes place this week in
Charlotte, NC, as part of the annual Southern Conference on Language
Teaching (SCOLT) <http://www.scolt.org/> . This event is an opportunity to
develop connections and foster collaboration among leaders of the 14 state
associations in the SCOLT region. Members from ACTFL, SCOLT, as well as
state and district supervisors will participate in the program, which occurs
on Thursday afternoon during the conference. The theme of the 2016
Leadership Luncheon is "Empowering Teachers for EPIC Growth: No Limit to
What We Can Achieve."

SANS Inc. Software and Network Solutions <http://www.sansinc.com/> , a U.S.
based company and leader in the development of networked and mobile
instructional technology for language learning, is the corporate sponsor for
this event. "SANS is pleased to continue our support for SCOLT and its
leadership initiatives to share best practices with language educators in
the Southeast region of the United States," said SANS president Ron
Remschel. "We at SANS understand the importance of ongoing collaboration to
help prepare their language students for our global society."

"We're excited to have Thomas Sauer and Alyssa Villarreal from the Teacher
Effectiveness for Language Learning (TELL) Project
<http://www.tellproject.org/>  present to our attendees this year," said
SCOLT President, Carol Anne Costabile-Heming. The foundational centerpiece
of the TELL Project is the Teacher Effectiveness for Language Learning
Framework, which establishes those characteristics and behaviors exhibited
by model teachers.

"The SCOLT Board of Directors and I are grateful for the ongoing support and
partnership with SANS to sponsor our annual Leadership Luncheon. We have
seen a marked increase in the attendance at state conferences across the
region, and I think that the annual Leadership Luncheon continues to play a
role in that growth by providing a venue for leaders in the region to
network and share ideas," said David Jahner, SCOLT Executive Director. This
marks the fourth consecutive year that SANS has been the corporate sponsor
for this event.

SANS Inc. is a leading instructional technology provider for language
learning programs - FL, ESL, and ASL.  Technologies include the SANSSpaceT
LIVE virtual language learning platform for mobile initiatives and the
VirtuosoT and SoloistR networked language lab software suite. SANS is
committed to providing software solutions that address teaching and learning
modalities and work within the IT framework of the school or government
agency using it. For more information, visit  <http://www.sansinc.com>
www.sansinc.com or email  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The Southern Conference on Language Teaching (SCOLT) is one of five regional
world language professional associations and includes 14 states in the
Southeastern United States and the U.S. Virgin Islands. SCOLT collaborates
with other organizations at the state, regional, national and international
levels to promote universal world language education supported by the
community, valued by political and business leaders, encouraged by parents
and peers and taught by exemplary instructors.

SANSSpace LIVE is a trademark of SANS Inc. Virtuoso and Soloist are
trademarks of Sony Electronics Inc.  Virtuoso and Soloist software
incorporate SANS and Sony technology.

###