LLTI Archives

March 2014, Week 1

From:
"Otmar K. Foelsche" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 17:21:14 +0000

From: Adolfo Carrillo Cabello <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Online assessment practices in university-level language classes
Date: March 4, 2014 10:10:58 PM CST
To: <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Dear Colleagues,

If you have taught or are currently teaching any university-level language courses in a hybrid or online format, we would like to ask you for help! We are doing a study that aims at investigating current online assessment practices in university-level language courses, and we would like to invite you to complete an online survey.

The purpose of the survey is to gather information about online assessment practices in university-level language classes taught either online or in a hybrid format (i.e., a mixture of a face-to-face and online class meetings). In this survey, online assessment is defined as any type of web-based assessment (e.g., diagnostic, formative, or summative) that is administered and delivered via the Internet.
Participation in this study is strictly voluntary. The survey will take approximately 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You may skip any question that you do not feel comfortable answering. There is no compensation for responding, nor are there any known risks. All responses will be kept confidential and anonymous. Choosing to complete this survey implies that you understand this information and that you consent to participate in this study.  If you agree to participate, please click the link below to access the survey:

https://yalesurvey.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_87xZ5ETxmu035Zz

Please answer the questions as honestly as possible, and kindly complete the survey by March 25, 2014. If you have any questions about this study, please do not hesitate to contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Thank you very much for your time and participation!
Best regards,
Adolfo Carrillo

Adolfo Carrillo Cabello, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Spanish