LLTI Archives

December 2017, Week 3

From:
Todd Nichols <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:07:46 -0700
Hi Lisa,

TalkAbroad <http://talkabroad.com> may be a good fit for your team. We
cover Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish,
French. We don't provide fill in the blank exercises like traditional
software, but rather offer actual interactions with native speakers that
you can work into your curriculum. We work with over 500 universities.

Feel free to take a look at our resources page
<http://resources.talkabroad.com> for examples of curriculum that
integrates TalkAbroad. Obviously Spanish/French dominate the examples there
b/c those have larger class numbers. But our less commonly taught languages
programs are very strong as well.

Todd

--

Todd Nichols
University Partnerships, TalkAbroad

- - - - - - -
"The TalkAbroad program is a great idea for all language classes.  The
student we talked to was extremely down-to-earth and actually helped us
significantly...I was impressed with the organization of the program as
well as the maturity and helpfulness of the students.  I would recommend it
in the future to all your language courses."
"I was surprised how easy answering some of the questions was because I did
not realize how much Spanish I have actually learned through the Spanish
class that I have had. The person who I had a conversation with did a great
job helping to explain something to me if I did not fully understand a
question by using Spanish words that I did know. I really enjoyed the
conversation and I believe that it helped me learn."
   -  Student Testimonials