LLTI Archives

February 2017, Week 1

From:
"Thomas N. Robb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:09:11 +0900
My university, Kyoto Sangyo U., opened a new building called
"Saggitarius-kan" last April which features a "Global Commons" for language
learning as well as 14 hi-tech classrooms with multiple video monitors (6
or 8) mounted on the walls where students can give simultaneous
presentations in small groups from their smartphones. The Global Commons
features a desk where exchange students offer chat sessions and counseling
to undergrads. There are also 14 stations for group video viewing.  This
page is in Japanese but the pictures are self-explanatory.

https://www.kyoto-su.ac.jp/campuslife/gc/gc_use.html

Cheers,
  Tom

--

**       Thomas N. Robb, Ph.D., Department of English     **
**                   Kyoto Sangyo University, Japan                  **